Remember that scene from Star wars The empire fights back where they’re trying to get a shot off into the heart of the death Star?
All these pilots are crashing and burning and dying and the leader keeps saying stay on target 🎯🎯🎯 then Luke finally gets a shot off
I was reminded of that scene when I found this verse.
“You rightly instruct us in how to live ever faithful to you….”
“You are right and you do right, God ; your decisions are right on target.
- Girlfriends asleep
- Family asleep
- Hubby asleep
- Dogs asleep
- Quiet house
- Flu-like autoimmune symptoms
- Already slept off my sleep aid
- Maxed~out on ibuprofen and Tylenol for today
Here I am Jesus: it’s just me and You.
I need You; that’s flat.
I remember others who are wakeful at 3am:
- inmate who is stuck with the choices he made when he was too young to know better
- mom of small ones. Who is up with a croupey baby again, has to get up for work in the morning, and is dreading it (*note; discover plod mode)
- cancer patient: sick of that inescapable, omnipresent too familiar bed
- prisoner in a foreign country, denied pain medication because “he is an unbeliever” (and therefore untouchable).
- homeless person whose newspapers and coats are not enough to keep him warm this time.
- psychiatric inpatient whose night mares make her fear sleep and who misses home
- care home patient ~ the empty ache of the seemingly forgotten
- woman post-abortion ~ empty arms
Can I pray 🙏 for us?
Jesus thank You for the good and the bad things in our lives. Thank You for small indestructible joys. Help us to get all the good there is to be had out of our suffering. Enlarge our souls to understand the great ocean 💙 of Your cleansing, pure, full, restoring love 💘 for us.
🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁
Grief is great. Let us be good to one another.
~The Magician’s Nephew
🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁
Because that’s who I am 🌼
The transformative power of well-managed anger improves relationships
How can anger improve the quality of your relationships?
…. Anger doesn’t want you to contain it;
this emotion informs you of what bothers, hurts, or harms you so you can change it.
Ready to listen
to change things
It wants you to act.
Goal: to improve your life.
(Exploring Your Mind blog: The Transformative Potential of Anger.)
Remember that famous description of Mr. Ali’s fighting style?
Well! Jesus uses a similar kind of image to communicate how Christians must live in their world.
I’m surprised we’re still here, aren’t you?
I have now listened to the Ps 121, Ps 37, Ps 18 and\or Rick Warren, Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, RT Kendall, Steven Furtick and a bunch of other sermons and scripture.
Roughly 32 billion times.
Conclusion…we are going to make it guys.
strengthandcourage.That is what I am talking about.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. That’s in 2 Corinthians.
God is not going to overestimate my stress capacity. He’s got the specs…….
For my soul.
The Bible says “He formed my inward parts in the secret places” ps 139. That has got to include capacity indications.
Like I know how many corn dogs my kids will eat when I’m cooking. Like I know how much ⛽ to put in my car when I’m filling it.
I have to start by giving it to Jesus
asking for His help just to breathe.
I trust God.
He’s got the specs: