i am married to my best friend. I love Jesus more than life. I have an autoimmune disorder. I have joyfully born five children and been pregnant with seven. I have a disabled child. I have a mentally ill family member who abused my child and lied about it. I have one prodigal child who I may never see again.💚 I enjoy dealing with life as it is, not as it should be.💚 I have been unhappily and happily married to one man since 1995 (thank heaven!) I want to encourage💚 share hope in my world💚 Remind us and equip us to live in this difficult century. 💚June 2020
I am asking God to go to the root…… of sexual addiction and pornography and suicide and pedophilia and witchcraft and and sexual slavery and rebellion and control and domestic violence and codependency and manipulation…….and pull those completely out.
Starting with great-grandfather McCoy and going down and out to his many victims …..from the hills of Kentucky to the hills of Oregon….to their victims and their victims and their victims
til we’re free.
Give us a righteous good healthy start. Just sayin. Today is a fasting and prayer day. 🙏 Wed and Fri til 3ish, God helping me, til He says to quit.
” with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. “–Jesus said that Matthew 18.
“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much” thats in James.
One of the hardest things I have ever had to go through was when my five year old child disclosed to us that my beloved big brother had abused him.
Fact: i was not sure how I would ever get over this.
the worst thing
would never like to know?
I remember saying to my auntie* on the phone right before my man and I went to the police, “how do I get over this?” …..She was wise enough not to answer.
(*sole available functional family member)
I don’t even like to think about this, so why am I bringing it up?
Because it would have meant the world to me fifteen years ago to know somebody with some wisdom had been there. To know that a person can get over this and have some a future afterwards. To know how that might look. To know that there can be a good life on the other side of this thing.
To know that I could ever be happy again.
(Sorry if I am making you uncomfortable dears, ❤ but somebody has to break the silence!)
How did I do it? Well, it’s like when your child dies: you just keep waking up the next day, and the next….working and talking….and it gets less and less painful….until it becomes just another part of your story, something you’ve got under your belt.
Here are my seven key strategies:
1. Talk, talk, talk. As a family. To my girlfriends. To a counselor. Vitally important. Try to talk some every day for the first six months. Even just “our family is going to make it through this experience “.
2. Meaningful, safe touch. Hugs and pats on the back 🤗 at least one daily. You and your children.
3. Get some help. Police, of course, but that is only the beginning. I love almost all counseling. Very helpful.
4. Be careful who you tell the first few years. Not everybody can handle this type of disclosure. Protect yourself. Be safe emotionally.
5. Be as positive as you can. You WILL make it. There is still good in the 🌎. Try to laugh at least once a day.
6. Boundaries Boundaries boundaries. Be ruthless! Your family 👪 is counting on you to protect them. If you have to hurt people’s feelings, be sorry for the person BUT DONT BEND. never again. My husband and I have visited my brother a few times, but it was starting to mess with our heads so we as a couple don’t see my brother at all (not even Facebook or emails) Our kids have never seen him again in fifteen years. Yes it’s hard, Yes, our families have put incredible amounts of pressure on us. Yes we have wanted to cave. BUT WE WILL NOT BE MOVED. PERIOD.
7. Start, end and middle with Jesus every day— That is where your strength 💪 is going to flow from. Youversion. Praise music. Audio sermons. Keep it comin. You’re going through a workout and you need NUTRITION.
You can do this my friend. The first step is the hardest and you’ve already done that.
I know that sounds weird. But there you are. I didn’t ask for the gift of prophecy. (I was raised Conservative Baptist: we didn’t believe that the gifts of the Spirit even existed anymore–except for acts of service and hospitality. )
Anyway God gave me a dream last night– however that works.
It was lovely.
all this bad stuff that’s been happening in the world is just
that I can use ( if you will trust Me) ….to bless the 🌎 and make you happy: ❤
I love Abide sleep meditations. Today, they included Psalm 23 I was thinking about this psalm. I memorized it, as a child, in the King James Version and I find it comforting to remember the words in the same way. A phrase jumped out at me this time: … through the valley of the… Continue reading 💣💣 coping 💣💣