A little trick that helps me communicate with my adult special needs daughter–put the right hat on. (One time it was a sock because I was sick in bed……it still worked)
- Physical reminder for both of us
- Breaks habits from younger years
- Reminds me to listen, not train
- “I’ve heard of some people trying _____”
- “I’m sure you’ll figure it out. You’re smart and determined. “
- “I like you.”
- “Let me know how it goes, k?”
- Goes above or beside brain fog for both of us
- She’s not there to meet my needs
- I’m not there to meet hers either
- Just be.
- Like my husband says: Let. Her. Talk.
Leave a Reply