- Girlfriends asleep
- Family asleep
- Hubby asleep
- Dogs asleep
- Quiet house
- Flu-like autoimmune symptoms
- Already slept off my sleep aid
- Maxed~out on ibuprofen and Tylenol for today
Here I am Jesus: it’s just me and You.
I need You; that’s flat.
I remember others who are wakeful at 3am:
- inmate who is stuck with the choices he made when he was too young to know better
- mom of small ones. Who is up with a croupey baby again, has to get up for work in the morning, and is dreading it (*note; discover plod mode)
- cancer patient: sick of that inescapable, omnipresent too familiar bed
- prisoner in a foreign country, denied pain medication because “he is an unbeliever” (and therefore untouchable).
- homeless person whose newspapers and coats are not enough to keep him warm this time.
- psychiatric inpatient whose night mares make her fear sleep and who misses home
- care home patient ~ the empty ache of the seemingly forgotten
- woman post-abortion ~ empty arms
Can I pray 🙏 for us?
Jesus thank You for the good and the bad things in our lives. Thank You for small indestructible joys. Help us to get all the good there is to be had out of our suffering. Enlarge our souls to understand the great ocean 💙 of Your cleansing, pure, full, restoring love 💘 for us.
🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁
Grief is great. Let us be good to one another.
~The Magician’s Nephew
🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁