(warning: don’t read this unless you know first hand about suffering and injustice)
you might wanna take a pass.
Okay. Turning to the beleaguered, picked on, abused and lied about souls who are left.
(drum roll, please)
FORGIVING MY PERPETRATORS
Took myself YEARS to even want to look at this.
- As a survivor of Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA) –which is cult abuse with gross body stuff.
- As a mom whose child was abused by my own loved, close family member. (Still hurts.)
- As a sister, daughter, granddaughter, cousin and niece who was booted out from part of the same family for going to the police and speaking the secret about said incest.
- As a young bride of 15 months, who was cheated on and abandoned, then kicked out of Bible School for asking a male teacher to pray about said betrayal (I know–they could hardly help kicking me out. I understand now, but I was young then. 21 going on 12.)
- As a young wife and mom who was asked to leave my tiny church over letting my kids read Harry Potter. (Remember that craziness over a book?)
- As a young mom in the throes of addiction and undiagnosed mental illness who abandoned and even hurt her kids over decades (been the hardest to forgive. Still working on it.)
I have things to forgive.
- That I did.
- That were done to me.
- That I can’t talk about in prayer group without freaking people out.
- That some family members still hate me for.
- That I am learning not to hate myself for.
- I left some stuff off this list, even. Too gross. SRA stuff.
yeah. I have a few things to forgive.
You know about this, God. (You were THERE for it all, however that works with You being without sin and all. But You never leave us or forsake us, right? I was a Christian for all this stuff, believe it or not.)
I want to wipe the slate clean, Father.
Do not hold these sins against them. Against me.
Just let it go.
Haven’t we all suffered enough by now?
- I forgive my perpetrators.
- The folks who enabled them.
- The people who didn’t want to get involved.
- And Myself.
I forgive it. It’s Yours God. You make it right. I’m trusting You.
I plead the sweet-cleansing-sparkly-shining 🌟 blood of Jesus over these sins.
Set us all free.
You can do anything, Father.
you’re my hero.
You are the Man who will fight for my honor