- The sound of an air plane buzzing in the distance
- Smell of baking bread
- Homemade tacos, any kind
- Fortune cookies after Chinese food
- My husband’s bald head and friendly smile
- Shakespeare and Hathaway, on BBC
- Celery, english toffee, dry fall leaves, corn chips, dry snow…crunchy things
- Cups of fragrant, steaming tea
- The smell of new tires
- Taking dinner to a sick friend
- Giraffes…comical and gangly
- Magic School Bus with Ms Frizzle
- Red hair and green eyes
- Toe socks
Don’t worry about anything, but take everything to God in prayer, explaining your requests to him and thanking him for all he does. Then the peace that comes from God, which is better than we can ever imagine, will protect your thoughts and attitudes in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 FBV
This has been one of the strangest parts of my recovery.
The longest lived.
I don’t think I am the only one.
I don’t have to cut myself or do meth or some obviously malevolent action to express my ill wishes toward me. Though self-harm and drug use are real problems for some of us; we can find more subtle ways to be mean. It’s a thing.
I doubt I am the only one. Right?
I have absolutely refused myself aid and forgiveness many times.
I have made self-destructive choices: whether it’s
- bingeing on sugar
- refusing myself exercise
- staying up past my bedtime
- Not dressing warmly when It’s cold (there’s more to that than it seems)
- Denying myself good food (because we have to save that for ___)
It’s like I have wanted to punish myself for being abused, for being weak, for betraying myself, especially for being a bad mom. (That one hurts!)
I’m my 50th year, I think I am finally gonna defeat this Goliath. At least do some SERious damage.
It’s time for a rematch. 🌻
God give me one thing
I can do good
Time to make myself a cup of tea ☕ and partake of some yoga. I like this one: yoga for sciatica with adriene
because I can do the exercises from my bed. #baby steps
Be well my friend.
Let us all be well. Even folks who have ________ and regret it soooo much .🌻
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to feel sympathy for our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:15-16 NIVUK
“Keep on asking,
and you will receive what you ask for.
Keep on seeking,
and you will find.
Keep on knocking,
and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7 NLT