I’m not in denial. I know things are grim in our world.
But they are not only grim. I want to focus my energy and thinking on good things tonight. I can’t do anything about the bad stuff in the next eight hours. But I can REBOOT.
I am thankful for the following things:
- Popcorn: so cheap and healthy! ENDless variety. Beautiful.
- Jane Austen everything
- Elevators. They’re like magic.
- The lovely heartwarming rituals around the act of making a hot drink.
- Rain ☔ like a fresh start for the 🌎
- Galoshes with charming polka dots on them
- Calico quilts
- Buttermilk pancakes with butter and jelly, a big 🔥 stack.
- Pencil sharpeners, the old fashioned kind that attach to the wall.
- Eye liner.
- Ducks. They are so comical. Even the sound They Make is whimsical. Honk! Quack!
- Easter egg hunts
- Christmas trees
- Waking up and realizing it’s the beginning of the holidays
- Flannel pajamas and bunny slippers
- Flowers: God would not have had to make so many kinds or make them smell good. How would we ever know different?
- Black Adder, the WW II episodes or the queen Elizabeth episodes. They make me 😃 just remembering them. “Where are my socks? Its Like someone is stealing them or something. ” Everything about Baldric. 💛