I remember when I disassociated and left my twelve year old son at the bank. Doing that was when I finally reached out for help and got into counseling.
Painful. I hated losing time the most about DID. 💛
He is deservedly bitter at me now. Twenty three. I cannot make him forgive me or understand. But I can forgive myself and shape my own attitude.
Here is my little piece of sanity for this morning:
- My collie’s attitude. #wannabethat
- Cat purring
- Summer rain
- Fan on my face
- Pools of cool breezy sunshine, with curtains fluttering and cats curled up in them
- Spaghetti and meat balls
- Take and bake pizza
- Trying a new recipe stovetop cookies 🍪
- Perfect three leaf clovers
- Cows munching and blowing grassy breath
- My dog’s whiskery muzzle
- Cups of steaming fragrant tea
- Hanging out after dinner dishes are done. Tired and replete.
- The ocean
- Giving someone a break
- Finding out it’s not just me
- Internet research article on DID
- Coming in from a cold walk, blowing my nose, putting on slippers, making a hot drink
- Cantaloupe smoothie