I trust God.
I am suffering with my stuff. That much is certain.
Don’t we all, in our season?
BUT I CLAIM THIS PROMISE FOR MY OWN.
- I reject the shame that would tell me that my painful stuff is my own fault and therefore I am on my own with it.
- Yes, there is a part of my suffering which I can see that my own choices played a part in. I own it. I’m sorry for it.
- But the rest. The part that is foolish mistakes?
- The part that is short-sightedness?
- The part that is bad luck?
- The part that is my share of the yucky stuff in my family line and my culture?
- That is eligible for these precious and very great promises and I CLAIM them.