“Our Father, help us to see the meaningful purpose that you have given us. May we not be drawn in by dramatic situations that cover up what is truly going on in our hearts. Let us see who we truly are and find joy in the purpose that You have given us”
from my YouBible reading plan by Brian Price: 10 Things to Abandon for Spiritual Growth
Galatians 5: 13-15 talks about this.
gossip. No thanks.
drama. No thanks.
FatherGod help us to speak truth only
in other-centered and self-transparent, genuine ways only.
I like to make lists.
It’s one of my go-tos when I feel discouraged.
(Ahem…Like when I look at news sites.)
God I love this world and I love my life. I chose this.
1. Lace table cloths
2.” I’ve often thought that getting sick was Mom’s healing. ” H. Durrett
3. Oatmeal cookies. http://www.inspiredtaste.net/18596/soft-and-chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookie-recipe/
4. Getting stickers at the doctor’s office with my kids when they were little.
5. Making my own playdo. (You’ve got to try this if you ever babysit.)
6. Big Daddy Weave, Lauren Daigel, and early Beatles
7. Clean sheets, clean nightie, clean self: when I’m tired.
8. Pools of golden sunshine. With cats in them.
For these things I thank You Lord.
You make me smile.
“Kindness is the rule for everything she says” proverbs 31
I wanna be that.
Its important to me to say only kind, encouragingly positive truth to my world.
“Take the coal.
Cleanse my lips.
HERE I AM” my favorite song by the group Petra
Thankfulness list for this day:
My aunt Jan…she loves me and prays for all of us.
crisp, clear, clean cold winter sunshine
pumpkin pie with cool whip